This is the official accessibility statement for Matt Read, The Weblog. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me.
- All pages on this site is WCAG AAA approved, complying wih all priority 1, 2, and 3 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Again, this is a judgement call; many guidelines are intentionally vague and can not be tested automatically. I have reviewed all the guidelines and believe that all these pages are in compliance.
- All pages on this site are Section 508 approved, complying with all of the U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines. Again, a judgement call. I have reviewed all the guidelines and believe that all these pages are in compliance.
- All pages on this site validate as HTML 5. This is not a judgement call; a program can determine with 100% accuracy whether a page is valid XHTML. For example, check the home page for HTML validity.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H1 tags are used for the main title, H2 tags are used for subtitles, and H3 tags for subtitles. For example, on this page, JAWS users can skip to the next section within the accessibility statement by pressing ALT+INSERT+2.
- All pages have
homelinks to aid navigation in text-only browsers. Netscape 6 and Mozilla users can also take advantage of this feature by selecting the View menu, Show/Hide, Site Navigation Bar, Show Only As Needed (or Show Always).
- The home page and all archive pages include a search box. Advanced search options are currently unavailable.
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target (such as the headline of an article).
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive
ALTattributes. Purely decorative graphics include null
- Complex images include LONGDESC attributes or inline descriptions to explain the significance of each image to non-visual readers.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified “text size” option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.